Friday, January 3, 2014

The Aqueduct and Alcazar castle...segovia (director perspective)

After El Escorial we visited Segovia. We were amazed at the Roman Aqueduct that is still standing some 2000 years later...
Also visited the alcazar castle, castle they believe to be built on Roman ruins but has been there for nearly 1000 years. I was disappointed we couldn't climb to the top as I was hoping to do my best Monty Python and the holy grail impersonation, especially since we realized Murcia is in the south of Spain...(he could grip it by the husks...) we couldn't decide which kids to dispose of in the moat, so we kept them all...it was tempting though...but only for students that leave their tuba mouthpieces at home or their passports on the airplane... (Ahem...)

I can say I've started trying to speak in Spanish even more and I know many of the students have as well. The students are beginning to gain a lot of confidence in their ability to get around and communicate, it's been fun to watch...

No comments:

Post a Comment