Saturday, January 11, 2014

From my Dad...his perspective of the trip

Let me begin by echoing Dan and Carol’s post from yesterday.  That was a wonderful note...and so true.
 
From my perspective....while visiting Spain for the first time was absolutely amazing – a fabulous part of the trip was being with such a wonderful group of young men and women as the LZHS Marching Band.  It was a pleasure being with the staff, teachers, administrators and chaperones; along with other ‘adults’ attending.   But, the young men and women of the band were exceptional and represented Lake Zurich and America with dignity, discipline, talent and class.
 
As a former Marching Band Booster for appx. 9 years with our 3 children in a competitive band program in Ohio – I have participated in many trips; though none internationally. I must say that I've never been so extremely impressed by a trip, that I believe will be forever remembered by all that attended.
 
Of course, some will say that I’m a bit biased in my comments and feelings – and you would be correct.   Biased in that the leader of this adventure just happens to be my Son – ‘Papajazz Thompson’.  I was deeply touched over a year ago to have been asked by him to come along and be with him!   Great job, Son; I'm truly proud of you.
 
Thanks Lake Zurich for letting me be part of this…and for being such a  'world class' organization.
 
Bert Thompson
Barlett, IL

No comments:

Post a Comment